Brewing Kombucha is easy and fun and I really enjoy the sensation of a second Fermentation. I prefer fresh fruit, like berries, apple, pear, lime and love to add fresh ginger. Remove the Scoby, add the flavors to individual bottles and let the Fizz begin. Enjoy and experiment with what will tickle your fancy. The Flavors achieve a deeper complexity and the fruity bubbly fizz is so very exciting on the palate.
In case you wondered about the health benefits of Kombucha:
- reducing arthritis pain
- lowering cholesterol
- restoring bowel movements, relief from gastric ulcers and various digestive troubles
- Antioxidant-rich with anti-microbial properties, assists in curing various medical conditions such as cancer and diabetes and contributes productively in maintaining cellular health and strong immune defense of the body.
Instructions for a Second Fermentation
- Remove the scoby from the finished kombucha.
- Add the desired flavoring and mix to combine.
- Bottle the flavored kombucha in airtight bottles leaving a few inches of head space.
- Leave the bottled kombucha to ferment for 2-10 days and enjoy strained or with the fizzy fruits. Its all good for you:) Enjoy ❤