- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 3 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 pounds Rainbow Chard and 2 pounds Dino Kale—thick stems discarded, inner ribs removed and cut into 2-inch lengths, leaves cut into 2-inch ribbons
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- In a large pot, heat 1/2 cup olive oil. Stir in the garlic and cook over moderately high heat until lightly golden. Add the chard and kale leaves and season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until the leaves are softened and most of the liquid has evaporated, about 8 minutes. Transfer the chard to a bowl. Wipe out the pot.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pot. Add the chard ribs and cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chard and kale leaves and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl, sprinkle with the lemon zest and serve right away as side dish or over whole grains as main dish. Enjoy ❤