- 3 to 4 large carrots, peeled
- 1 cucumber, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced lengthwise
- pink himalayan salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon lime ponzu
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 1/2 teaspoon organic brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 10 fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
- 10 basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
Use a vegetable peeler to shave the carrots into thin wide ribbons and transfer the carrot ribbons to a large bowl, fill with ice water and let stand 10 minutes.
Cut cucumber in half and slice in thin pieces and the shallot into thin rounds.
Whisk the peanut butter, ponzu, mirin, rice vinegar, sesame oil, sambal oelek, brown sugar, lemon juice and garlic in a small bowl.
Drain the carrots and transfer to a serving bowl. Add cucumber and shallot as well as the mint and basil leaves and toss to combine. Drizzle the peanut dressing over the salad and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.